Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Time Fun with Play Dough


It was inevitable.......three weeks into summer break and "Mom I am bored". One of the things I remember from my childhood is my Mom making play dough. So I pulled out my trusty recipe book and made a few batches for my little darlings.


I must admit my third batch ( the yellow one turned out the best)


Megan with her play dough pizza creation

Emily with her play dough pizza creation as well

(It must have been close to lunch time)

So if you want to have some summertime fun as well here is the recipe:

2 Cups flour

2 Tsp. Cream of Tartar

2 Cups Water

1 Cup Salt

3 Tbsp Cooking Oil

Mix dry ingredients in a pan; add water and oil and food coloring to desired color. Heat over MEDIUM heat. (If you do it over too high of heat it will dry out) Stir constantly until thick; only takes a couple of minutes. I will start to pull away from the sides of the pan and create a ball. It's very thick. Pour out on a table with a little flour to keep from sticking and knead until cool. Store in a tight container. It will keep for weeks!

4 comments:

Casey Gentle said...

You're so good! and I forgot to mention on Sunday that you look like you've gotten some sun!! Very nice!

Marilee said...

Hey Lori. Glad you are finding things to do. Love you lots! You are a great mom.

Sara White said...

You giving up on your blog? I miss your posts! Now that primary program is over--right?

Marilee said...

Don't give up your blog!