Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Boquet of Freshly Shapened Pencils

One of my favorite movies is "You've Got Mail". I love the line where Meg Ryan equates the beginning of Fall with the brisk air, and a "bouquet of newly sharpened pencils".


Well in Florida we are finally getting some brisk air (yea!!!), and at our house we have LOTS of newly sharpened pencils!


Emily recently has found a new found love with pencil sharpener. I think it is because her kindergarten teacher does all the pencil sharpening at school, and she thinks it is cool that mom will let her do it at home. She over the course of the past weekend sharpened a couple dozen pencils from not being sharpened all to those nice sharp points that we all love.

I did not even know that we owned that many pencils. So why do I buy more every year when school starts? Note to self...... no more pencils! ( I also have that weakness with new sharp crayons as well. Dave is always after me about buying new crayons when we already have a ton of unsharpe ones.)


You know you can never find something to write with when you need one. Thanks to this cutie we can no longer say that about pencils. Will she stay this young forever?!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yea - the pencil story! Too cute. I love what you have done with the background! I hope you are happier with it now.

Marianne said...

Lori! This is SUCH a cute blog, I just love it! Emily and Megan are getting so big, I miss you guys. I hope you and Dave have so much fun on the cruise and I will be looking forward to all the pictures afterward. Love ya.