Friday, February 6, 2009

Two Beds for Two Girls

It has been a while since my last post and I was starting to feel a little guilty. So I was thinking what can I blog about? My life seems to be the same day in and day out. But then it hit me, there has been a change in my daughters lives.

The girls used to have bunk beds, and it was like pulling teeth to get them to make them before they left for school. One morning was especially hard, and I had had ENOUGH! After the girls left for school, Dave was such a sweetheart by being late to work and we took the bunk beds down.

That afternoon, after a lot of furniture rearranging, I went to go pick them up from school. On the way home I told them that there was a surprise waiting for them up in there room. They raced upstairs hoping for a new webkinz and all they could say was "Oh, my gosh". Then Emily raced over to me and gave me a big hug and said "Mommy, your the best Mommy I could never have." (Her favorite thing to tell me when I have done something fabulous)

So now my girls have their own beds and they love it. And the best part is their beds get made every morning before school without a complaint. We should have done it long ago.



Megan is loving in her own bed. So much easier to make.



Emily loves the fact that no one sleeps over her anymore.

Now the next step in the plan is to redecorate, get rid of the border and paint which is desperately needed. So watch for the "after" pictures hopefully in the not to distant future! =)

3 comments:

Sara White said...

Don't you love little fixes like these? A can of paint can go a long way and it is so cheap! I love when I project like this is done. It makes me love my house even more. I love your girls' bedspreads. You could do a lot of fun decorating things with them! Good luck with the painting.

Mindy said...

It looks great! I am glad to hear that you got all the rearranging done. Feel free to come help me - we are always trying to figure out something that works.

Casey Gentle said...

Their rooms looks great! They look so happy! YAY for making beds! I've been making my bed every day for 2 weeks now. It's a bigger miracle than your girls! I'm not complaining either! :)