Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Fun at School

Now I have to warn you, this post is going to be long with a lot of pictures. But I hope you enjoy them anyway. Today was all of the Easter festivities at school. And it was a full, but fun day. =)

Emily had an Easter egg hunt. It literally took about 5 minutes or less. I was hoping to get some better shots, but this was one of the best I could get. She was so excited for the egg hunt.

Emily's kindergarten class has been buddied up this year with a third grade class. They came to hide the eggs for Emily's class. They also helped them keep count as they found their eggs because every student was only allowed 10 eggs. This is Emily's buddy, and she really enjoys her.

This is Emily's Easter bag she made that holds all the great loot she got today. She had a great time.

In Megan's class I helped them dye Easter Eggs. For some of the kids it was their first time dying Easter Eggs, and I think everyone had a great time.


The finished works of art that will be used in a project coming up later in the post.


Megan also got to have an Easter Egg Hunt. They had a lot of fun.

Megan counting her eggs. Has to make sure it is all there!


Megan and the Easter bag she made for all her loot as well!

Before spring break I was talking to Megan's teacher about what she wanted to do for Easter. I remember a time when Emily grew some real grass in a Easter Basket one year at preschool. I thought this would be a cool idea for Megan's class as well. So right before spring break we planted the grass and I got to tend it for about 10 days until the kids went back to school. The girls thought this was so cool.

This is the finished product. Each of the kids trimmed their own grass with some scissors.

They turned out totally cute.

(Not that I am not biased or anything like that ) =)

This is a little closer shot of Megan's basket and her eggs.

We all had a great day! Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Casey Gentle said...

I LOVE the real Easter grass! I would like to know exactly how to do it for next year...it will be baby's first Easter! :) You're SO good. I need to hang out with you more often.

Dan and Melissa said...

What a great idea! I think they do the funnest activities at school for the kids, and you have great ideas I can tell! I love it! (And I don't mind lots of pictures at all, the more the better!)

Mindy said...

Looks like you have a green thumb - the grass looks great. It looks so awesome in the baskets. I wish you were my room mom.