Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The hardest yet best job on the planet!

This year I have made a New Years resolution to be a better Mom. What a daunting task! Some days I am great, and some I am not so great. This year I am going to try and have a few more great days and a few less not so great. Hey, baby steps, right?

Being a mom is the hardest yet most reward thing I have ever done. It makes me appreciate my own Mom so much. She is wonderful, patient, and always giving of service, a great listener, and always there when I need her. I love her so much. On days when my kids are not being quite so great, it makes me want to call her up and tell her I am sorry for anything and everything I ever did to make her life harder. And believe me I am sure there was a lot. I just hope I can be half the mom, my mother is. I just have to remind myself one day at a time!

Here are a couple of fun videos from YouTube about moms. They bring a smile to my face, and I hope they will to yours. These are for all Moms, and anyone who has ever had a Mom. Enjoy!

PS
To hear the videos you will need to pause the other music on the sidebar on the right.




2 comments:

Tony said...

So glad you haven't disappeared, Lori. We enjoy checking in on your blog now and again and were waiting for news/photos of your Ohio Christmas. Seems like you had a most-memorable time together. Those are surely 2 darling girls you have and they are doing such good things. I especially enjoyed the comments about "Mothers." Guess we never know what a mother does/puts up with until we're a mother ourself. Enjoyed the two "mother" videos, too. We love you, Tony and Judy

Tony said...

Didn't realize I'd commented on two separate posts. At least you know I mean what I say 'cause they are almost exactly the same. We sure love seeing what you're all doing.